Serving Willmar with Exceptional Home Inspection Services
Willmar and the Surrounding Kandiyohi County Area
If you are looking for a top-notch home inspector in Willmar and the surrounding area, you have come to the right place!
For many of us in Southern Minnesota, Willmar is known as a “hub” city with a small town feel, but with all the amenities of a big city. If you are thinking about making Willmar your home, you will be pleasantly surprised by the diversity of culture the city offers that one wouldn’t expect to find out on the Minnesota prairie.
From the vintage homes located in the heart of town, to the more modern construction in the newer developments, I have seen it all and would love to help you by providing the most thorough home inspection possible. I can also take care of any other services you might need, such as radon testing, mold testing, water testing, or thermal imaging.
If you are in a new construction home, be sure to check us out for your 11th-Month Warranty inspection. This inspection provides you with a comprehensive report that can be presented to your builder before the end of your warranty period. Get the most out of your warranty and make sure small problems are corrected before they become BIG problems.
Did you know these interesting facts about Willmar?
- Willmar was founded in 1869 by a group of investors led by Leon Willmar, a businessman from Philadelphia. The town was built around the newly-constructed Minnesota and Pacific Railroad line.
- During World War II, the Willmar Army Airfield was used for training pilots and crew members for the B-17 bomber and other aircraft.
- The Barn Theatre, a community theater that has been in operation since 1946, is one of the oldest community theaters in Minnesota.
- The city was home to one of the earliest cooperative grain elevators in the country. The Farmers’ Cooperative Elevator Company, established in 1910, helped revolutionize the grain industry by giving farmers greater control over the marketing of crops.
- Willmar was the site of a bank robbery by the Machine Gun Kelly gang in 1930. They robbed the Bank of Willmar (later Bremer Bank) of about $70,000 and wounded three people.
- Willmar was the birthplace of Pinky Nelson, a NASA astronaut who had a distinguished career in space exploration. He served NASA as an astronaut from 1984 to 1995 and flew on three Space Shuttle missions.
- In the early 1900s, the city was at center of the creamery industry. Numerous creameries in the area produced butter and cheese that were shipped throughout the country.
- In the early 1900s, Willmar was known for its vibrant downtown, with numerous businesses, theaters, and hotels. One of the most notable hotels was the Hotel Kandiyohi, which was known for its elegant and luxurious accommodations.
- The Willmar Warhawks, a junior ice hockey team, were established in 2010 and have become a popular attraction in the community. The team has won several division titles and has a strong fan following.
- Willmar is home to the MinnWest Technology Campus, a 100-acre science and technology park boasting more than 30 businesses.