Home inspections in Waconia MN
We Cover all of Carver County and the Surrounding Areas
When it comes to getting a home inspection in or around Waconia, you will not find a better option than INFOTEC Home Inspection. Having been born and raised in South-Central Minnesota, just 30 minutes outside of Waconia, I am very familiar with the types of homes (and their typical issues) prevalent in the area.
Whether you are purchasing a home with a scenic view of Lake Waconia, a Century Home downtown, a newer build on the fringes of town, or anything in between, I would be honored to be a part of it to help ensure you will have as few surprises as possible.
My past customers in Carver County were so impressed by my service, that INFOTEC Home Inspection was voted the “Best Home Inspector in Carver County 2022. I am of course tremendously proud of this achievement. But more important, it shows that my hard work, dedication to customer service, and best-in-class home inspections are noticed and appreciated by my clients.
Just for fun, some interesting facts about Waconia.
The city has a long and storied history in Minnesota. Here are ten interesting facts….
- Lake Waconia, which borders the north side of the city, is one of the largest lakes in the Twin Cities area.
- The city was founded in 1856 and was named after the Dakota Indian word “Wakon,” which means “spiritual” or “mystical.”
- Waconia is home to the Carver County Fair, which has been held annually since 1868, making it one of the oldest county fairs in Minnesota.
- The city is known for its thriving winery industry, being home to several wineries and vineyards, including the Parley Lake Winery, Schram Vineyards Winery & Brewery, and Sovereign Estate Wine.
- The Waconia Patriot newspaper has been serving the community since 1891, making it one of the oldest weekly newspapers in Minnesota.
- The city is home to one of the oldest, continuously operating family-owned stores in Minnesota. Mackenthun’s Fine Foods has been serving the community since 1898.
- The Minnesota State Sanatorium for Consumptives (now known as the Ridgeview Medical Center) was located in Waconia, and played a significant role in the treatment of tuberculosis in the early 20th century.
- The Waconia Public Library is housed in a historic building that was originally built in 1902 as a Carnegie Library. It has since undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing community’s needs.
- The Waconia Power Company, which provided electricity to the community, was one of the first municipal electric utilities in the state of Minnesota.
- The city is known for its picturesque downtown area, which features a variety of locally-owned shops, restaurants, and businesses, as well as beautiful parks and walking trails along Lake Waconia.